Geoff Coffey wrote:
On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 08:32 AM, Tim Funk wrote:

I paraphrase as its nice to present some body content in your page since browsers/agents do have the option of displaying/parsing the body for some context before following the redirect.

I stand corrected on that point, although I've never followed this guidance in 8 years, and I've never seen a user agent that didn't follow redirects immediately.

You're probably thinking of browsers. Spiders and other scripts, on the other hand, might not be so kind, esp since you're trying to use redirect to prevent access to a restricted area. For instance, in CGI environments, after setting the "Location" header (equivalent of sendRedirect) it is always wise to immediately exit the script so that no further content is sent along with the header.

Erik