Hi,

> I can understand why PUT and DELETE might be blocked by some
> sort of write-constraint, but why is OPTIONS failing? If
> anyone can cast any light on how I can get the new redirector
> to send *ALL* requests through to my servlet, I'd appreciate
> hearing from you.

This is really just a guess, you might want to check it out.

By default the all contexts are read only.

See in tomcat/conf/web.xml where the "default" servlet is specified the attribute
readonly default state is true, so I think you must set that to "false" to get the PUT
and DELETE methods to work :
C&P instructions from web.xml :

---8<---

  <!--   readonly            Is this context "read only", so HTTP           -->
  <!--                       commands like PUT and DELETE are               -->
  <!--                       rejected?  [true]                              -->

--->8---

Sorry but I have no idea what causes the OPTIONS failure.

Hope it helps
-reynir