From: Marina McGale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 9:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Can Tomcat 4 be configured to listen on two ports
simultaneously

Hi.
I am using Tomcat 4.1.12 and would like it to listen on both port 80 and
8080 because I have already sent out URLs with 8080 in them but want to
remove the 8080 for the future (and still want everyone to be able to
access my apps).  I had tried adding another Connector for port 80 for
Tomcat running stand-alone in the server.xml file (so there are two
Connectors - one each for port 80 and 8080) and it worked on my
localhost (Windows) machine but not when I tried the same thing on
Redhat 8.  I do not have Apache running so there is no conflict between
it and Tomcat trying to listen on the same port.

Thanks for any help.

M.