In that case, how will the server know that the control should be directed to my Valve during FormAuthentication and not to the FormAuthenticator.

Bill Barker wrote:

You can add a custom Authenticator (Form or otherwise) by adding under the
<Context ...>
 <Valve className="com.myfirm.mypackage.MyAuthenticator" ... />
</Context>

Of course, if you do this, Tomcat assumes that you know what you are doing.
If you add a Form Authenticator to a Context that is configured for Basic,
then you are on your own.

"shanmugampl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am currently working on SingleSignOn and require some changes to be
done in the FormAuthenticator.java file. Instead of making changes to
the original code, can I plugin my own FormAuthenticator. If yes how can
I do it.

Thanks
Shanmugam.PL