Thanks for the help.  Don't I feel like the idiot!!

-----Original Message-----
From: p niemandt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 11:29 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Cannot create resource instance

Aah: On the other hand, and I should have caught this earlier, but
anyways: I assume you copied your server.xml exactly in the post?
In that case a definite problem is ...

<value>ora.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory</value>

Getting confused with Oracle?

This should surely be
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory ???

typo: org <--> ora

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 16:00, Appel, Jeremy D wrote:
> That still did not work.  Given the fact that I can list the binding, I
have
> to think that the DBCP related class files are not getting loaded to
handle
> the request.  Is there anyway to check this?

I'm
> > > using "username".
> > >
> > > Are you doing the resource lookup using "java:comp/env/jdbc/prod_d" ?

org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.