Anthony Roque Adriano wrote:
Hi,

I've been searching the mailist but can't seem to find a problem similar to what i'm encountering.

First here's a background of my setup

MySQL server = mysql-server-3.23.54a-3
TomCat = jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18
ODBC = Connector/J 3.0.6-stable
Base OS = RedHat Linux 7.3
JSDK = j2sdk1.4.1_02
$JAVA_HOME = /path/to/j2sdk1.4.1_02
$CATALINA_HOME = /path/to/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18

Im making a program which will need to get the data from MySQL, All TOMCAT documents i've read all said to put my ODBC Connector (mysql-connector-java-3.0.6-stable-bin.jar) under $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib, but if I put the file there, TOMCAT is not starting, don't even have anything on the logfile. I also tried putting the connector/j on my application lib ($CATALINA_HOME/webapps/MYAPPLIC/WEB-INF/lib), Tomcat runs but my application is not. I also tried playing with $CLASSPATH to no avail.

Anyone experienced this ? or am i just missing something ?

ODBC? Are you sure you mean ODBC, and not JDBC? How do you connect to the db? Via JNDI, or programmatically in the servlet? What DEBUG level do you have set in server.xml & elsewhere? Are you sure the logs are empty?

You need to post LOTS more information before we can help you!

Martin