On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Gavin, Rick wrote:

> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:20:55 -0800
> From: "Gavin, Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Possible to have default classes and taglib includes in JSPs?
>
> Hi all,
>   Does anyone know if you can include classes and taglibs in all jsp pages
> in a webapp by default, instead of having to import and reference them on
> each page?  I didn't see it in the servlet or jsp spec.

In JSP 2.0 (i.e. Tomcat 5), you'll be able to declare a "prelude" file
that is attached to the front of every JSP page, which is real useful for
stuff like this.  For JSP 1.2 (i.e. Tomcat 4.1), the idea of a single file
included with the <%@ include %> directive is the easiest way to deal with
this kind of thing.

> Thanks for the help,
> Rick