Nevermind I found it.  Stupidness strikes again.

--mikej

-----Original Message-----
From: mike jackson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 10:24 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Filter setup problem

I'm having a problem with the initial parameter options with filters.
My setup is as follows:

I've got a filter that I wrote "SecurityFilter".  I setup the web.xml
file to contain:

<filter>
    <filter-name>SecurityFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>
        com.cdi.security.http.filters.SecurityFilter
    </filter-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>security_bundle</param-name>
        <param-value>application</param-value>
    </init-param>
</filter>

Everything looks ok at this point, no problems parsing anything on
startup.

Ok, in my filter code I've got the following (in the init method):

        String bundleName = "application";
        try {
                bundleName = filterConfig.getInitParameter(
BUNDLE_PARAMETER );
        }
        catch( Exception e ) {
                Log.log( Log.WARNING, this, "init()", "Exception: " + e
);
        }

Where "BUNDLE_PARAMETER" is set to "security_bundle".  Again this all
see right, at least I don't see any errors.  However when I go to init I
get a null pointer exception on the attempt to retrieve the
init-parameter.  I've run it through my debugger and it'd definitely
occurring in this try/catch block, but I don't have a clue why.

Does anyone have any idea why?

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson