Hi,

Here is a good link:
   http://www.geocities.com/marcoschmidt.geo/java-image-faq.html#x

Hope you enjoy.
Georges

Stephen Riek wrote:

Thanks Micael. Tried the same thing and got the same results. Looks like Catalina/Tomcat is indeed using headless mode but
it's not working with my Java (1.4) and operating system (SunOS 5.6).
I'm presuming you're using this to create/generate graphics in a
servlet ? Do you mind posting sample Java that creates a
Toolkit or MediaTracker (and which therefore requires headless mode) ? I can't fathom what's wrong with mine. Mine works fine
when running on Win2K and Tomcat, but now dying on Sun.
Thanks for the help,
Stephen.

Micael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I added the headless flag to catalina.sh as follows:

# ----- Execute The Requested Command -----------------------------------------

echo "Using CATALINA_BASE: $CATALINA_BASE"
echo "Using CATALINA_HOME: $CATALINA_HOME"
echo "Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: $CATALINA_TMPDIR"
echo "Using JAVA_HOME: $JAVA_HOME"

if [ "$1" = "jpda" ] ; then
if [ -z "$JPDA_ADDRESS" ]; then
JPDA_ADDRESS="8000"
fi
if [ -z "$JDPA_OPTS" ]; then
JPDA_OPTS="-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=$JPDA_ADDRESS,server=y,suspend=n"
fi
CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS $JPDA_OPTS"
shift
fi
CATALINA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true"

This worked fine.