The servlet invoker lets you call your servlet in the webapp without actually mapping one in the web.xml

So you can do this in the browser:

http://localhost/myapp/servlet/stuff

You're not really missing much.
Don't know if the other containers do that.

Sven Köhler wrote:

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

one stupid question, what does the invoker-servlet do?
i always write my own servlets without using it, and my mapping them directly using web.xml.
i wonder, if i'm missing a great feature. is the invoker servlet supported by all servlet containers?