The shutdown listerner always listens on localhost. So if you rn multiple tomcat instances, you need to use different shutdown ports.

If you want them accessible from the outside (which is a real bad idea), use plug proxy.

-Tim

Chris Gokey wrote:
In server.xml, I'm looking for a way to specify both the host name and
port used for the <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0"> declaration.

Something like:
<Server address="gcmddev.sesda.com" port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN"
debug="0">.
(similiar to how you would configure the HTTP connector)

I'm trying to launch two Tomcat servers both running under the same
ports but binding to different IPs on the same machine..  So, I need to
be able to specify the specific host address for the declaration above.

How can I do this? I'm using Tomcat 4.03 under Redhat 8.

Thanks,
Chris