Oliver,

I'm curious as to what problems you are having with Cewolf and JFreeChart when using the headless="true" attribute. I have samples of both CeWolf and JFreeChart running fine on Tomcat 4.1.18 and 4.1.24 with just setting -Djava.awt.headless=true in the Tomcat startup.

RH 7.3 and 8.0
JDK 1.4.1_02

Eric

Oliver Meyn wrote:

Hi Paul,

hiya:

Yip: I've been using JFreeChart with huge success on a headless linux
box: You do not need Tomcat and xvfb to communicate as such, xvfb just
needs to be running.

I start mine with

Xvfb :0 -screen 0 1600x1200x32 &

Did you have to do any special recompiling with those settings in effect? I've read that some are having to do that, but it's not clear to me how/why ie have to recompile code on the production box?

Getting closer,
Oliver