I am having a difficult time figuring out how to properly configure
Apache 2.0.44 and Tomcat 4.1.12 with virtual hosting.  I am using
mod_jk2 as my connector.

I have all of this working with Apache 1.3, Tomcat 4.1, and
mod_webapp....

In my testing environment, I have a servlet based application that is
available over https and http.

On the tomcat side, I have defined the default host and one virtual
host.  The virtual host (test.nequalsone.com) has a non-default appBase.
The intent here is to only allow access to the application through
test.nequalsone.com although the server can be accessed by serveral
names.

On the Apache side, I am using name based virtual hosting.  I have one
host defined to use SSL which should forward requests for my application
to Tomcat.  I have another virtual host (test.nequalsone.com) that is
defined to also forward requests to tomcat.  I am using JKUriSet to
define the mapping to Tomcat.

This seemed to work fine at first but then I noticed that the
application did not work properly on the SSL version.  My application
did not detect that it was being accessed over SSL so it was generating
links using http:// instead of https://.  Everything else appeared to
work...

I decided to try creating a second AJP13 connector on tomcat.  The
second connection has scheme="https" and secure="true".  Both connectors
are on different ports.  Is this the correct way to solve this problem
so far?

Next, I created a new channel in workers2.properties.  I then modified
the JKSetUri directive for the SSL virtual host to use the new channel.
This is where things started to go wrong....

Checking the jkstatus page showed that the last JKSetUri directive over
wrote the previous one.  Under the uri runtime info section, I had the
following:
Id=0, name=/neo/servlet, host=*, uri=/neo/servlet,
group=ajp13:localhost:8010, context=/

The location that I mapped for both virtual hosts was /neo/servlet.  It
seems that it should have created two uri mappings with different hosts.

After running into this problem, I tried setting the mapping in
workers2.properties.  I was unable to get that working properly.
Consider the following section from the virtual host in apache.

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName test.nequalsone.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/test
    Alias /neo /opt/jakarta/test_webapps/neo
    <Location "/neo/servlet">
      JKUriSet group ajp13:localhost:8009
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

I tried all of the following entries in workers2.properties:
[uri:test.nequalsone.com/neo/servlet]
Group=agp13:localhost:8009

[uri:test.nequalsone.com/neo/servlet/]
Group=agp13:localhost:8009

[uri:test.nequalsone.com/neo/servlet/*]
Group=agp13:localhost:8009

[uri:/neo/servlet]
Group=agp13:localhost:8009

[uri:/neo/servlet/]
Group=agp13:localhost:8009

[uri:/neo/servlet/*]
Group=agp13:localhost:8009

None of them worked.  The log file for the mod_jk2 module reported that
the file /opt/jakarta/test_webapps/neo/servlet did not exist.

What am I doing wrong here?