hi jacob,

thx for the input, now it works smoothly.
However, it would be great if the config-parameter gets mentioned in the
manager app howto
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/manager-howto.html

  <target name="install" description="Install web application"
          depends="compile">
    <install url="${url}" username="${username}" password="${password}"
            path="${path}" war="file://${build}"/>
  </target>

thx alot
Johannes

Jacob Kjome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
29.03.2003 20:16
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
RE: Trouble with ant install command and ResourceLink

You need to look at the attributes provided for the install task...

<target name="catalina-install" depends="compile,manager.init"
             description="Install application to servlet container" >
         <catalina-install
             url="${manager.url}"
             username="${manager.username}"
             password="${manager.password}"
             config="${app.ccf}"
             path="${app.path}" />
     </target>

Notice the "config" attribute.  At build time, that resolves to a file:///

URL pointing to where the context configuration file is.

Now look at the deploy task...

<target name="catalina-deploy" depends="war,manager.init"
             description="Deploy web-app war" >
         <echo message="${app.war}"/>
         <catalina-deploy
             url="${manager.url}"
             username="${manager.username}"
             password="${manager.password}"
             path="${app.path}"
             war="${app.war}" />
     </target>

There is no "config" attribute.  You might argue that there should be
one.  File a bug on that if you think so.  However, the fact is, there
isn't one now and the current mechanism here is the META-INF/context.xml
file that Tomcat looks for.

Jake

At 05:55 PM 3/29/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>p.s. if I do
>
>ant undeploy
>ant install -> context info gets lost
>ant remove
>ant deploy -> context info is here again!
>==> so with deploy the context is ok, with install not.
>
>*) I put /build/context.xml and /build/myapp.xml into the
build-directory,