Make sure you add the TagLib definition in the web.xml.

Dov Rosenberg

On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 05:32 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi there,

If I try to compile a JSP with an absolute URI to a taglib like
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri = "http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; %>

then the compiler complains:
jspc:
2003-03-30 12:30:05 - ERROR-the file '\views\mylist\list.jsp' ge
nerated the following general exception:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This
absolute uri (http://java.sun.com/jstl/core) cannot be resolved in either
web.x
ml or the jar files deployed with this application
[jasper2] Error in class org.apache.jasper.JspC

However, if I have this absolut URI in the static web/myfile.jsp
directory, everything runs smoothly (i.e. if Tomcat compiles during
runtime, it does not complain).

However, if I change the absolute URI to a local URI and supply the
TLD-file, everything runs fine again (i.e. JSPC is working fine):
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri = "/WEB-INF/c.tld" %>

Has anybody an idea why JSPC works differently to the JSP compilation
during runtime?

thx alot
Johannes