hi phil,

the issue has already been solved on the ant mailinglist.
if any tomcat-user is interested, I post the answer of Jake here:

If various lib.xml files contain contents similar to your <copy> task
below, the build.xml file might look like....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE project [
     <!ENTITY lib-project1 SYSTEM "file:./lib1.xml">
     <!ENTITY lib-project2 SYSTEM "file:./lib2.xml">
]>
<project name="MyProject" default="compile" basedir="." >
<target name="copyjars">
     &lib-project1;
     &lib-project2;
</target>
</project>

Jake

Johannes

"Phil Steitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
30.03.2003 18:30
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
Re: Library management for Tomcat using ant

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Jerome,
>
> Yes, certainly that's what I thought at the first glance as well.
>
> But wouldn't it make more sense to make the fileset importable from
> another file (i.e. extend the FileSet datatype to allow imports from
> another file)?
> e.g.
> build.xml:
> <copy todir="${build.home}/WEB-INF/lib">
>       <fileset src="lib.xml" />
> </copy>
>
> lib.xml:
> <fileset dir="${lib.home}">
>       <include name="cos.jar" />
>       <include name="cos2.jar" />
> </fileset>
>
> ==> but since I'm not yet an ant expert, I don't know where to start to
> extend the FileSet datatype of ant. Anybody any ideas?
> I think this kind of action (=reading a tag from an external file) could

> be required more often, so I think it would make sense to extend the
> FileSet datatype.
>
> Has anybody a good idea where to start?
> (probably at the ant mailinglist :)?

This really is a question for the Ant list.

You might be able to solve your problem, however, using the "XML
include" technique described in
http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#xml-entity-include, or by just piping the
lib file list in on the command line, using:
http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#passing-cli-args

-Phil