I'm agree with you but what about properties used by the tag ??
For instances variables I can reset them in the begin of doStartTag.
But for an optional attribute of a tag I can't.
If for example I have a property foo :

String foo = "";

If I use a first time the tag with this property :
<mylib:mytag foo="bar"/>

and a second time without this property
<mylib:mytag/>

In the second time my property is always setted to "bar" and not to "".
I can't reset it manually in the doStartTag because I will delete the value
is the property is setted.

How can I manage this ???

Have you an idea ??

Cheers Arnaud .