The main issue this does not *seem* to resolve, unless I am missing
something, is that there does not seem to be a place here for properly
configuring the ports for a second or third tomcat on the same machine.
Additional Tomcats need their own ports, correct?

One solution to this *may* be to edit the service you just created
(i.e., open up properties for the service), and add an "additional
parameter" using the -config parameter.  I believe (not sure) the syntax
is
  -config conf/server.xml
where each instance would presumably use a different server.xml (named
appropriately) and specifying different ports.  The conf/ is a relative
path to your Tomcat home directory, however you *may* be able to fully
specify a path to a unique server.xml file.  I believe this is NT
service speak for the -F option (bin\Tomcat.exe -F server.xml) that
existed at least in Tomcat 3.2.

One thing I'm still looking for an answer to is how to specify a
different classpath for a second or third Tomcat service, other than the

-Djava.class.path parameter, i.e., the equivalent of the old
wrapper.properties file (assuming wrapper.properties is no longer
supported in Tomcat 4.1).  Anyone have any info on this?  The classpath
in web.xml doesn't seem to work for me, unless I have the syntax wrong.

Andrew Longley