Hi Yoav/Craig,

I'll take a look at the entry points you gave me - maybe I'll find my way
through them.
Of course I'll keep you posted if I get useful results...

However, I still think it's a fundamental lack of the WAR approach not
being able to incrementally add functionality.
I originally come from the Lotus Notes/Domino world, where adding a form
or a view is a snap.
I try to design my J2EE apps this way, but the final displaying component
according to MVC is a JSP. So I have to add a JSP whenever I want to add a
form or view (Unless I have a generic component).

Craig: It's always that way that you add a form, test it locally and then
you want to deploy it to production. This could occur quite frequently,
and putting down the application just to add another component is really
not cool.
Who wants to put down a whole app just to add a single JSP or GIF file?

==> I'll rethink my approach, but I think images and static stuff should
be addable during runtime.
This stuff isn't included in EXE files anyway, it is usually stored
outside the basic application. I think WAR files should have the same
approache.

thx so far
Johannes