I guess you don't have a context.xml bundled with your war.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ulrich Mayring [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: June 6, 2003 9:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat 4.1.24 ignores context settings in server.xml

Hello,

I've defined a context in server.xml, which includes a logger for my web
application.

When I start Tomcat, it reads these settings and logs in the specified
file. If I reload the webapp from the management console, everything is
still ok, Tomcat logs in the specified file.

However, if I remove the webapp from the management console and
re-install it (via WAR-file upload), then the context setting from
server.xml is ignored and all my log output goes into the standard
logfile (localhost_log_*).

Why is that? The server.xml still contains the right context setting
with my custom logger and if I restart Tomcat, then it is used again.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

Ulrich