Howdy,
It's surprising that you think tomcat uses green threads and you don't
know what the HotSpot VM is ;)  I don't think I've ever seen that
combination before.

Do java -version and you'll see that you already have the HotSpot VM.
JDK 1.4.1 works on the Intel platforms you want.

Unless you're really in exotic spaces, you don't need to specify native
/ green / alternative threading libraries to Sun's JVM.  Just run it
with the default threading configuration.

For more details on what options the VM supports, including
threading-related options, see:
http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/VMOptions.html

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics