On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:44:07 +0200, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,
thanks to your advice i had been able to install tomcat and run all my
servlets, but I have still 2 problems:

1) Having installed TomCat standalone as a non-root user, TomCat is
reachable only at port 8080, while the DNS is set for the port 80,
ie www.myhost.com:8080 works, but www.myhost.com dont. What should i do is
this case?

Only root can bind a process to port 80.

2) the Host inside (the Engine tag) has still the name "localhost", and not
the name it should have www.myhost.com. It works all fine, either browsing
the my site remotely and locally. I read through the documentation, and i
did not find what is the difference between having it set to "localhost" or
to the right host name ("www.myhost.com"). Any hint?

The name is the name of the virtual host that Tomcat will respond to. If it is "localhost" and Tomcat receives a request for "my.domain.com", then Tomcat will not serve it, or will serve it using the default Host and Context, which may or may not be what you want. If you want Tomcat to respond to requests for "my.domain.com", then set up a Host container and use "my.domain.com" for the name parameter, just as it is done for "localhost".

John