I don't receive an error per se other than the "The page cannot be found"
message when I try to access the tomcat examples/jsp/index.html on port 80.
But when I explicitly use port 8080 everything works just fine. By that I
mean the html page loads and all the java examples are served and work
correctly. So I assume that the mod_jk I installed isn't doing whatever it
is that it is supposed to do. I think it is supposed to allow us to access
tomcat jsp's over port 80 through apache.
I had tried installing mod_jk-2.0.43, then I installed mod_jk-2.0.42.
Neither of them lets us access tomcat jsp's over port 80, but we can access
tomcat jsp's over port 8080.

I'm attaching apache2/conf/httpd.conf, Tomcat 4.1/conf/server.xml, Tomcat
4.1/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf, Tomcat 4.1/conf/jk/workers.properties.

If there isn't an easy answer, I would just as soon drop the issue. as I
said, we can access jsp's over port 8080 and that should be good enough..

Thanks for your help!

Jim

(See attached file: workers.properties)(See attached file: httpd.conf)(See
attached file: mod_jk.conf)(See attached file: server.xml)

                      John Turner

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      turner.com>              cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: mod_jk windows 2000 pro

                      06/04/2003 12:03

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

The configuration should be the same...I can't think of anything in
httpd.conf that would be different between the two versions.

You'll have to give us more info than "it doesn't work".  What you're
trying to do, your configuration files, what is the exact error message you
receive, the content of log files, etc.

Other resources:  htpp://tomcatfaq.sourceforge.net,
http://jakarta.apache.org

John