> In Apache2 httpd.conf:

> <Location /foo/*>
>   JkUriSet group ajp13
> </Location>

> We use 'group' because the recommened method is to map to an lb group, even if you have a single instance. Each ajp13 worker > you define is automatically part of the default worker ( named 'lb'), or you can specify different groups ( if you have complex setups ).

I have two Apache virtual hosts, each serving a different web app on a different instance of Tomcat, and I'm having problems creating different groups. This is in my httpd.conf:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.3

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.3>
  DocumentRoot D:/Tomcat-centuries/webapps/ROOT/
  ServerName draft.memorialhall.mass.edu
  JkSet channel.socket:localhost:8109.group centuries

  <Location "/*.jsp">
    JkUriSet group centuries
  </Location>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.3>
  DocumentRoot D:/Tomcat-1704/webapps/ROOT/
  ServerName draft.1704.edu
  JkSet channel.socket:localhost:8209.group seventeenohfour

  <Location "/*.jsp">
    JkUriSet group seventeenohfour
  </Location>
</VirtualHost>

When the same JSP file exists in both webapps, Apache behaves as if the two webapps are identical and are being load balanced -- it will sometimes arbitrarily serve up the file from the wrong Tomcat instance. Apparently it thinks that "centuries" and "seventeenohfour" are both part of the same default lb group, when I had meant to declare them as separate groups. What's the syntax for doing that?

Thanks very much.

Keith Ulrich