Hi domnic
Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried the following command

c:\tomcat\bin> catalina run > out.txt
c:\tomat\bin> catalina start >out.txt

but in both cases only 4 lines getting written to the out.txt
Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\TOMCAT
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\TOMCAT
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\TOMCAT\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\J2SDK1.4.1_01
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1.18

After this all the trace comes in a new dos window ( in case of catalina
start command ) or in the same dos window ( in case of catalina run
command)

But in both the cases the exceptions are not going to the file out.txt pls
help

vijay
> Hi Vijay
>
> Try tomcat > out.txt
>
> Cheers
>
> Dom

being thrown but before i can read them they get overwritten in the
dos
> window.
>
>   I wish to send all these errors to a log file so that I can read it
and see what caused these errors.