From: Andoni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 6:25 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Precompiling JSPs

Hello,

I have a build.cmd file that I have had and modified for every project
I've done for years.  I should probably go learn ANT or some other build
technique but for now I want to do this the command line way.  I'm not
even sure if ANT will do what I want.

I want to have my .jsp files made into .java files (easy) then compiled
into .class files (hard) before starting my Tomcat.  That way I can see
any syntax errors in my .jsp files.

If I do this at the moment I get a load of errors where one JSP which is
included in another uses variables which are only declared in the major
one.

Is there a way to compile the .java files the way Tomcat does (which
takes account of included .jsp's)?

Does ANT create .class files?

Thanks in advance.

Andoni.