Howdy,

>Can the docBase attribute of the context element be relative?  The
location

Yes.  It can be relative to the host's appBase or absolute.  See the
Context configuration reference.

>On a seperate note, when installing a war file using the catalina ant
task,
>should tomcat automatically look in the META-INF directory of the war
file
>for a context.xml file?  I have not been able to get this to work.  I
wound
>up specifing both the config file as well as the war file in the
install
>task.  Is this how it is supposed to work?

For now, yes.  It's an open issue for enhancement that will probably be
addressed in the near future.

>If your set the reloadable attribute of the context element to true, do
you
>still need to use the ant reload task to pick up your changes?

Depends on what the changes are; file modifications in WEB-INF/classes
and WEB-INF/lib will trigger reloading.  Again, see the configuration
reference for the <Context> tag.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.