If people are having problems getting mod_jk to work there are
probably reasons.  It may be true that mod_jk works but not always as
expected.  I have a system that works fine until mod_jk gets involved
then java starts barfing up 'exceptions' on a couple of jsp's.
Naturally the developers claim, if the code works in 'standalone' but
not with mod_jk and virtual domains, the problem is with mod_jk.

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 05:42 am, John Turner wrote:
> Donwgrading and using mod_webapp is the WORST thing you could do,
for all
> sorts of reasons.  Security, for one.  Performance, for another.
Future
> extensibility and growth, for another.
>
> Mod_jk and mod_jk2 work.  This is a fact.  There's nothing anyone
can do if
> you want to give up learning how they work and use something else
instead,
> but the truth is they work, and not just on someone's desktop.
Many, many
> people are using Tomcat and a connector under heavy load in
production on a
> daily basis (I'm one of them and there are many more).  Load
balancing,
> multiple instances, all sorts of advanced configurations.  If you
want to
> take the time to learn how things work, and why they work that way
(Tomcat
> MUST obey the servlet spec, there is no alternative), then you can
get your
> answers and have a robust, stable system.  Its a personal choice.
Good

--
Stephen Carville <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
UNIX and Network Administrator