I have no idea why you restart your machine?

-----Original Message-----
From: Geralyn M Hollerman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: June 24, 2003 3:19 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Deployment of WAR-files

Phillip Qin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - compile your code
> - create a context.xml in META-INF
> - make the war
> - use tomcat manager to deploy
>
> To prevent war from expanding, set unpackWar to false in server.xml's Host
> element.

If I might add to this discussion - something I've found on both a PC
and a Solaris system - if I'm not using the Tomcat manager to deploy an
application, I not only have to restart Tomcat, I have to restart my
whole system - or maybe I'm not being technically precise here; I have
to log out and back in on Solaris, reboot the PC. THEN the .wars I put
in /webapps will expand (unpack) and deploy with the start-up of Tomcat.
All the docs I've read say to "just drop the .war in /webapps and
restart Tomcat" but that never worked for me...

--
Lynn Hollerman.