From: Jenty C [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 2. juli 2003 07:28
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem in starting tomcat

Hi,

I just starting to learn JSP. I have installed the Apache 2.0, J2SDK1.4, and
finally the TOMCAT4.1
The apache server is running, I have also set the environment variable and
the path for JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME, but when I tried to startup from
DOS prompt, I got an error message, telling that:

"The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not define correctly"
"The system cannot find the file -Djava.endorsed.dirs="

I don't know whether the error came from java or tomcat, can you give me any
solution for this problem.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks & Regards,
Jenty