One way:
In a properties file:  org.apache.catalina.util.ServerInfo.properties
propertyname: server.info

-Tim

Jon Felmey wrote:
Hi, I am creating an install file using InstallAnywhere. Our program requires Tomcat 4.1.24. The problem is that in the registry all Tomcat 4.1.x are refered to as 4.1. So, when I check for the current version, I receive 4.1 which could represent 4.1.3 or 4.1.24, etc. Is there anyway to determine the exact version that is installed on a PC. I need to verify that 4.1.24 is installed.

Thanks alot