you would probably want to write a SessionListener, and plug it into tomcat.

Turansky, Mark wrote:

I am required to track users and their sessions in my web application. Is there a way to access all the sessions currently held in server memory?

My application is tracking users in a database table. Upon login, I log the session id along with a timestamp and other pertinent information. If the user specifically clicks the "log out" button, I can update my table with another timestamp, but I assume many will simply timeout. How do I update my table with their logout timestamp in the event of timeout? I was hoping to make a simple maintenance thread in the background that would check existing sessions against my database table for this purpose.

Thanks in advance,
Mark