Hi Mark,

*) One BIG performance improvement is to use a Filter to ZIP your
HttpServletResponses.
You can find a good example with TC 4.1.24 in the examples
(compressionFilters).
You can save lot's of network bandwidth and increase the server throughput
(e.g. 200KB page size gets compressed to 14KB using the
compressionFilters)

(works only for browser that accept zip/gzip encoding, but most already
do)

*) You can find more info on using JSPC with Ant as I recently posted:
http://www.fwd.at/tomcat/buildmanagement-using-ant-howto.html

Johannes

"Mark F" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
08.07.2003 20:35
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
performance

Running Tomcat 4.0.6 on Solaris 8

Interested in improving performance, any tips or information would be
appreciated.  Also any tips or information on exactly how to use JSPC to
improve performance would be great.  I've found a lot by searching but I
don't exactly know how to use what I've found.

-Mark