From: James Courtney
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 11:33 PM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Could you give some help for me (about mod_jk for solaris 9)

This worked for me on Solaris 8 this evening:

Make sure you have properly compiled and installed Apache 2.x and Tomcat 4.1.24.
We'll call these installation directories apache2.home and tomcat4.home.

Also make sure you have recent versions of m4, automake, and autoconf installed from
www.sunfreeware.com.

Set the environment variable M4 to the location of your GNU m4 executable.

For example in bash: export M4=/usr/local/bin/m4

Download jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.4-src.tar.gz from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.4/src/
and extract it to some directory, well call it jk.build.

cd ${jk.build}/jk/native

execute buildconf.sh

execute ./configure --with-apxs=${apache2.home}/bin/apxs

execute make

Locate mod_jk.so from the ${jk.build}/jk/native/apache-2.0 directory and copy it to
your ${apache.home}/modules directory.  Just add the line
LoadModule jk_module ${apache.home}/modules/mod_jk.so
to your ${apache.home}/httpd.conf file and follow the configuration instructions for
httpd.conf and workers.properties given at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.4/doc/.

Good luck!

Jamey