1-2 requests to first tomcat
1-2 to second

And use something without a session for testing, like an image (or use worker.lb_xx.sticky_session=0)

At 12:15 10.07.2003 -0400, you wrote:
thanks Ben!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Ricker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 11:35 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat Load Balancing / Session Clustering - Tests

Well, load testing on the Apache end would be the way to go for scalability testing. You can monitor the network connections to the Tomcat instances (use of netstat does well here; grep for the number of connections to each port every N seconds or minutes, etc.).

To test the session stuff, try shutting down instances as you are
running through the app. Can you access each Tomcat instance
individually? The best way is to use each Tomcat's web server and to
access it on the port. Then, shut down that Tomcat and access another
Tomcat by its port. If your session continues unaffected, you are good
to go.

If you have a REALLY good load tester that can capture page data (i.e.,
return codes and pages from the web server), you could randomly shutdown
Tomcat instances while load testing to see how that affects the ouput.

HTH,

Ben Ricker
Wellinx.com

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 09:52, Weissman, Alan wrote: > Hey everyone, > > I've set up a few Tomcat instances in a cluster and would like to test the > scalability of the cluster as well as make sure the session clustering is > working. Testing scalability is easy and I have load balncing software, but > whats the best way to make sure that sessions are clustering as expected?