Hi all,
I have problems in setting up SSL in Tomcat 3.3.1 and the JDK used is 1.3.1.
Steps followed:
---------------
I have downloaded the JSSE jar files and placed them in the
%JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib/ext
My server.xml's SSL config. part is as follows:
<Http10Connector  port="8443"
                        secure="true"
                        keystore="d:/keystore/keystore"
                        authclient="false" />

When I restarted the server, the port 8080 is working properly, but when I
try to communicate
with port 8443 under HTTPS, the following exception is thrown in the
Tomcat's console.

PoolTcpEndpoint: Handshake failed
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(DashoA6275)
        at java.io.OutputStream.write(OutputStream.java:56)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(DashoA6275)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
PoolTcpEndpoint: Handshake failed
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: handshake
alert:
  no_certificate
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)

Please help me out of this problem.
Thanks,
Sankaran.