Hello.

I have found that under Windows file locks are not always released when
a file is closed and the only way after this to release a file lock is
to reboot the system. Sometimes file locks seem to clear on their own,
other times I have to restart the computer to release a file lock
(sometimes even this does not work).

If you are on a UNIX based system try running lsof and grep for the name
of the file. Part of the information you will get will be the id of the
process that has the file open. You can then go to that process and
release the file or terminate the process (either should release the
file lock).

Hope this helps.

Reg