On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:14:34 +0000, Nicolas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Firstly, does this mean that my HTMLs are being served by Apache and
JSPs by Tomcat?

not really, this means that if u type /xyz the /xyz folder of tomcat is being accessed with all its servlets and static files

That's incorrect. With mod_jk and mod_jk2, you separate content by URI mapping:

JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

means Tomcat only serves JSP, not HTML, not GIF< not JPEG.

Secondly, is it possible to access the entire application by just the
following:

http://localhost

That is, I don't want to type xyz anymore in the URL.

sure, use the RewriteEngine of apache

Possible, but not needed. This can be done with the correct Context entry in server.xml.

John