It looks correct to me ... your url-pattern will only trigger on that specific file...
but i guess you know that ..

Abid

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Carlsson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18. juli 2003 13:06
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: MemoryRealm and tomcat-users.xml

Heres my tomcat-users.xml

<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="supervisor" />
  <role rolename="tomcat" />
  <role rolename="role1" />
  <role rolename="manager" />
  <user name="tomcat" password="tomcat"    roles="tomcat,supervisor"  />
  <user name="role1"  password="tomcat"    roles="role1"              />
  <user name="both"   password="tomcat"    roles="tomcat,role1"       />
  <user name="test" password="test" roles="supervisor,manager" />
</tomcat-users>

and a part of my web.xml

<security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>Security test</web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>/afile.jsp</url-pattern>
            <http-method>POST</http-method>
            <http-method>GET</http-method>

        </web-resource-collection>

        <auth-constraint>
            <role-name>supervisor</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>

        <user-data-constraint>
            <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
        </user-data-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

    <login-config>
        <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>

        <form-login-config>
            <form-login-page>/login.html</form-login-page>
            <form-error-page>/error.html</form-error-page>
        </form-login-config>

    </login-config>
    <security-role>
        <role-name>supervisor</role-name>