Hi

I've been trying to get a web application to work using the Commons
FileUpload 1.0 with Tomcat 4.1.24;  the servlet using FileUpload will
compile (using NetBeans 3.5) but when Tomcat processes it, a
ClassNotFoundException is thrown saying javax.servlet.ServletInputStream
can't be found.  This exception is traced to the following line:
        DiskFileUpload fileupload = new DiskFileUpload();
However, in the servlet, I *can* create an instance of ServletInputStream
like this:
        ServletInputStream srvin = ServletRequest.getInputStream();
This line of code compiles without problems and is executed, no problem, in
the servlet by Tomcat.  So it seems that only the FileUpload stuff can't
find the ServletInputStreamclass.  I've tried putting the FileUpload .jar in
the WEB-INF/lib directory of the webapp, as well as my Tomcat/common/lib and
jdk/jre/lib/ext (which Tomcat uses) directories.

Then, I uninstalled Tomcat 4.1.24 and installed Tomcat 4.1.18 and everything
worked perfectly without changes.

Any ideas?

~
Shaun Kenny