Howdy,

>I need Jboss and tomcat to run on separate VMs (and later on, on diff
>machines). I need them to interact, as in the EJB would be the JBoss
>machine and the the servlet/webservice on the another machine. How do i
>accomplish this?

Perferably by starting with some sort of EJB book and tutorial ;)

You would install JBoss.  Write a simple HelloWorld session bean, deploy
it to JBoss.

You would then install tomcat to a separate location.  Write a simple
HelloWorld webapp and deploy it to tomcat.

Figure out (this is in the JBoss docs) which client classes you need in
order to get a JBoss JNDI initial context.  Copy those classes to your
tomcat webapp.  Write a servlet that gets an initial context to the
JBoss server, looks up and invokes the HelloWorld EJB.

The above will teach you a lot, enough to get you started on the real
app.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.