From: Tristan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: July 17, 2003 12:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat4-1, Apache2, jk2 setup problem - help!

Hi,

I'm trying to install tomcat 4.1 on my win XP machine using Apache 2 and
jk2. However, I seem to be encountering some difficulties.

The problem is, I can't seem to get tomcat to start as a service when I
request a url (e.g. http://localhost/examples), it simply returns.

***
The servlet container is temporary unavailable or being upgraded
Internal Server Error

--snip apache babble--

Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) PHP/4.3.2 mod_jk2/2.0.2 Server at localhost Port
80
***

I noticed that starting Tomcat seems to throw some kind of java error,
but it closes the window too quickly for me to repeat exactly what it
reports. However, when I comment out the line

        channelJni.disabled = 0

in my jk2.properties file, I can start tomcat standalone, and access the
examples etc through apache.

Can anyone tell me why I can not start tomcat as a process through
apache? I followed a how-to at:
http://www.gregoire.org/howto/Apache2_Jk2_TC4.1.x_JSDK1.4.x.html

And believe I have made sure I have followed the instructions very
closely. Any help is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tristan