Hi,

I'm using container manager authentication, and I'm trying to display different messages inside the login page depending on the caller of that page, so if a request is made to the protected resource /account/*, I want to display suitable message to those who want to access account services in the login page, and same to the resource /order/*, but with a different message.

The problem is that there is no way I could find to pass a parameter for example from a resource under /account/* to get this behaviour, because this parameter is actually not seen in the login page. I tried to look for where tomcat stores the request before it routes to the login page, but it looks to me that the process is not straight forward, and I need to play around with class loaders to get this info.

Can anybody think of a way to implement this without getting into a container specific solution?