Hi,

after installing TomCat 4.1.24 and making it run correctly with mod_jk
(jk1.2) I still have a little problem which I did not have in the former
TomCat 3.2.3 environment:

I have a "HttpTunnelingServlet.class" located under
/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/com/net/chat/util/tunnel3
which should be requested via the URL
http://MyDomain.com/servlet/HttpTunnelingServletdc

That means http://MyDomain.com/servlet/HttpTunnelingServletdc should
result in requesting
/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/com/net/chat/util/tunnel3/HttpTunnelingServlet.class

Under /webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF in my TomCat 4.1.24 installation I placed
following web.xml file:

<web-app>
<servlet>
   <servlet-name>
     HttpTunnelingServletdc
   </servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>
     com.net.chat.util.tunnel3.HttpTunnelingServlet
   </servlet-class>
   <init-param>
     <param-name>Host</param-name>
     <param-value>localhost</param-value>
   </init-param>
   <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
 </servlet>
</web-app>

In contrast to the TomCat 3.2.3 environment in which you find files like
"uriworkermap.properties", "tomcat-apache.conf" etc. in the /conf
directory of my new TomCat 4.1.24 /conf  I only find server.xml,
web.xml, tomcat-users.xml and jk2.properties files.

http://MyDomain.com/servlet/HttpTunnelingServletdc shows up a 404 error
and the former working request
http://MyDomain.com/servlet/SnoopServlet

does not work at the moment.

Abviously the problem derives from a missing alias directive - can
anyone give me a hint? Will I have to edit server.xml AND mod_jk.conf or
which files?

Thanks and best regards

Volker