hmm weird, mod_jk2.so should be there after a successful make with no errors,
what connector source release did you download?

What was your jk2 configure?
If you used --with-apache2 instead of --with-apxs2 then mod_jk2 won't be built as .so but instead as static module into httpd core.

Maybe its somewhere else, try a find:
find /path/to/jk - name '*.so'