Check the bottom of this old Tomcat thread:
http://archives.real-time.com/rte-tomcat/2000/Apr/msg00193.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Hichem Sellami [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 3:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem with isapi_redirect.dll

        I am installing Tomcat to work with IIS, but I am having a
problem getting the ISAPI filter to work properly.
        I get the following message when I start the IIS service (in the
Event Viewer)
        The HTTP Filter DLL C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\bin\win32\i386\isapi_redirect.dll failed to load.  The data is the
error.

        I already checked all the following:
        1. Registery entries.
        2. worker properties files
        3. PWS virtual directory and filter definition.

        Anybody has any idea what's going on here.

        Thanks.