Hi.
No John, please don't delete RH's /etc/bi/openssl from the default
install. RH did something "weird", there are dependencies there and they
look for RH's version of openssl. The best you can hope for is to
install a parallel version of OpenSSL. I brought this up with Simon a
few emails ago but he uses Suse