Howdy,

>SI> Here is the solution that I implemented.
>
>SI> s_contextPath =
>SI>     config.getServletContext()
>SI>     .getResource("/").getPath();
>SI> if ( s_contextPath.equals("/") ) s_contextPath = "";

I don't think the above even works as quoted.  For example,
for a context name "/blah" on tomcat 4.1.24 the above
Would return "/localhost/blah" which is not the context
path strictly speaking.  It might work for SI's needs, but
certainly not for HTML purposes.

I also don't know if the above code would work for
context path's containing a slash (e.g. /blah/blah), which
is legal.

>I've also been interested in this: anyway,
>context path should be a property of servlet context,
>then we should be able to get it.

"should" is a strong word: why do you say that?  Context
path is a property of the request.

Whenever you find something you think should belong in
the specification, but isn't there, it's good to ask why.
Could it be that the reason context path isn't available in
the init method is the same reason that server port isn't available
there? ;)

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.