From: Jørgen Nørgaard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 July 2003 7:59 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Problem building Tomcat Connector mod_jk2.so

Hi Clive,

my best idea is to try building the mod_jk2 the way I did, using
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz:

after unpacking:
cd jk/native2/
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs2-prefork
make jk2-build-apxs

that left me the mod_jk2.so in the secret .libs directory.

Might work for you also.

How far do yo get this way?

I am on SuSE 8.1 java 1.4.1 apache2.0.46 and tomcat 4.1.24 though I
suppose that should not matter too much.

>Hi Jorgen,
>
>i have been searching all the location. but still couldn't find it. I am
>using the apxs that is from apache2.0.47. i didn't use the redhat version
of
>apache2. So i don't know what it is happening. the box is built freshly.
any
>IDEA? this is what i use to build apache2
>
>$
>./configure --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl --enable-module=so --ena
>le-module=vhost_alias --enable-module=proxy --enable-module=rewrite --enabl
>-shared=proxy
>
>I have already spent a whole day trying to build mod_jk2.so. just can't get
>through. HELP!
>
>Cheers,
>Clive

/jørgen nørgaard