From: Bill Lunnon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 4 August 2003 9:27 PM
To: Tomcat Users List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: JSP seems to be executing twice and we are getting duplicate
records in our database

Adrian,

If you do not want anothe rows created every time the page is submitted,
then you are going to have to implement something to stop this. TOMCAT will
not do this for you.

Without knowing the requirements for the form, stopping multiple rows being
generated could be as simple as:
- Assign a session to the user (clients browser).
- When the form is submitted, capture the sessionId in the database with the
record.
- If there is no row with the sessionId in the database, create a new record
with an insert. If there is a existing session, use an update to modify the
record.

Hope this helps

Bill